Monday, March 8, 2010
Nike's trying to sell me some shoes!!
If a company like Nike was trying to sell me a product they would go about doing it in a few different ways based on information they know about me. The demographic segment of information for them is, I am a female, high school student, white, little income, and 18 years old. The young age could help show I like to be active. The gender would determine things like colors i would more likely be attracted too along with designs and styles. The Geographic segment of information would be that I live in an urban setting. In Savage,Minnesota the whether is usually cold during most of the year. That can eliminate different shoe styles like sandals vs. running shoes. The Psychographic information that would be most helpful is things about my personality. I have an energetic upbeat and generally optimistic attitude. I dance and love to work out. Nike could assume I want a shoe I can move in. I try not to care where I get my shoes as long as they look good on me. Nike could also benefit from knowing my behavioral information. I only buy shoes when my old ones are dirty and wore down or if there are a super cool new pair that catches my eye. I shop for shoes at the beginning of each season too. If Nike considers this information I feel I would be a lot more likely and convinced to buy from their company.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment